In addition to the more granular properties available within each page of the website, each section of the website contains properties that define certain settings for all pages within the section. Referred to as a Section Properties file (named _props.pcf), it is helpful to know how to update each of the available settings to meet the needs of your department.
HEAD'S UP: Due to the higher level of impact that this file has on a department's content, the Section Properties file can only be edited by Section Admin users (or higher), and some fields can only be edited by Global Admin users. Contact Us for assistance.
How to Edit the Section Properties
1. Check Out the Section Properties File
While you are Editing a Page, click the link in the upper left corner of the screen. Then, open the _props.pcf file for this section of the CalLutheran.edu website, navigate to the tab, and click the Lightbulb icon until it turns yellow, indicating that it is now "checked out" to you for editing.
2. Make Changes to the Section Properties File
As you are editing the _props.pcf file, you can make changes to the following fields:
- Section Title: This text is superimposed over the banner region at the top of all pages in the section (including Sub-Sections), and it serves as the default breadcrumb text at the top of all pages in the section.
- Section Subtitle (Global Admin users only): This text is optional and is superimposed on a line beneath the Section Title.
- Alternate Section Breadcrumb (Global Admin users only): This text can be changed from the default text, if an alternate version of breadcrumb text should be displayed at the top of all pages in the section.
Make changes and then click the button at the top of the screen, as seen in the example below.
3. Publish All Pages in the Section
To update the CalLutheran.edu website with your changes, the _props.pcf file does not need to be published. Instead, click the link in the upper left corner of the screen. Then, tick the checkbox in the upper left corner of the screen to Select All files in the section and click the link at the top of the screen.
Note that this workflow publishes all of the pages in the section, so it is important to ensure that there are no unintended changes published on other pages.
EXTRA INSIGHT: If you publish the _props.pcf file without publishing all pages in the section, the changes will be applied inconsistently. For this reason, it is important to publish all pages.
The result will look similar to the example below.
PRO TIP: The Section Title field and Alternate Section Breadcrumb field in the Section Properties file overrides the Breadcrumb Name field in Landing Pages. This goes for any _index.pcf file — both for the section and any sub-sections.
|< Previous Article|